Piloting aircraft above mountainous regions demands more than a thirst for adventure. It also requires a keen understanding of the unique challenges involved in mountain flying -- for the safety and pleasure of everyone involved.
That's why if you're a pilot, a flight instructor, or are learning to fly, Flying the Mountains is the one-stop, practical resource you need to stay safe while soaring at extreme altitudes. Written with insight by a noted high-elevation flight instructor and pilot, Flying the Mountains:
* Outlines the nature of mountain flying
* Relays mountain flight accident statistics and causes
* Details effects of altitude on aircraft and pilots
* Examines in-flight ailments related to mountain flying
* Reviews take-off conditions from mountain airports
* And much, much more!
Logically organized by phases of flight -- from preflight preparation to landings -- Flying the Mountains delivers a potent combination of statistics, techniques, and examples of actions (correct and incorrect) used in actual flight scenarios.